Finalists announced for GBC's 2012 Bridging the Gap Achievement Awards
October 24, 2012
The Greater Baltimore Committee named 23 finalists for the 2012 Bridging the Gap Achievement Awards recognizing outstanding minority- and women-owned businesses and majority-owned businesses that partner with them.
Winners were announced during an awards ceremony on October 23 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel. Data Solutions & Technology Incorporated was one of the winners.
Finalists for this year's awards were:
• A Bright Idea, LLC, Bel Air, Md.
• Calmi Electrical, Baltimore, Md.
• Casey Overseas Corp., Baltimore, Md.
• Choice Marketing & Design, Ellicott City, Md.
• Clapp Communications, Baltimore, Md.
• Darker Than Blue Cafe, Baltimore, Md.
• Data Solutions & Technology Incorporated, Lanham, Md.
• Edwards & Hill Office Furniture, Columbia, Md.
• Fyodor Biotechnologies, Baltimore, Md.
• Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc., Baltimore, Md.
• Harkins Builders, Marriottsville, Md., Baltimore, Md.
• Intelect Corporation, Baltimore, Md.
• The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
• Law Offices of Sarah C. von der Lippe, Washington, D.C.
• M. Luis Construction Co., Inc., Clinton, Md.
• Marcorp, Baltimore, Md.
• MyCity4Her, Baltimore, Md.
• Shea Radiance, Columbia, Md.
• Strategic Management Consulting, LLC, Baltimore, Md.
• Total Urgent Care, Edgewood, Md.
• Trye | Butler | Mayo | Griffith, Baltimore, Md.
• W. L. Blair Development, Baltimore, Md.
• Walters Relocations, Inc., Baltimore, Md.
"These finalists are representative of the many highly-driven, successful minority and women entrepreneurs in Maryland who exemplify the ground-level private-sector achievement that drives our economy," said Donald C. Fry, GBC president and CEO.
On October 23, winners were named in three categories: outstanding minority- and women-owned business achievement; majority-owned businesses demonstrating leadership in inclusive business practices; and partnerships or strategic alliances that generate new business opportunities for minority or women-owned businesses.
A President's Award was given for outstanding advocacy for the advancement of minority- and women-owned businesses in Maryland.
The following are sponsors of the 2012 Bridging the Gap Awards event: Baltimore Development Corporation (ambassador sponsor); The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company and MedStar Health (signature sponsors); Bon Secours Baltimore Health System, Inc., Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc., Johns Hopkins Medicine, Maryland Hospital Association, Saul Ewing LLP, St. Agnes Health Care and University of Maryland Medical System (bronze sponsors); The Baltimore Times and The Daily Record (media sponsors).
Link to original article